Sunday, May 24, 2015

Castle fail!

Friday we got up and leisurely took the train to Selestat so the gang could go up and see Haut Keonigsbourg up close after seeing it in the distance for a few days.

While we were in the area, I decided to take a nice run in the neighborhood again.  Again, I got a tiny bit lost.  Instead of an easy 4.5 mile run my course opened up to a 7.1 mile death march that had my back cramping up and water bottle empty.  Made it, but wasn't nearly as fun as I had been planning for!

Halfway through, I called Jim to ask if they had caught the bus up to the castle.  NOPE!  Little did we know the shuttle bus to the top of the mountain wasn't running for a full work.  We really suck at this France thing...  They had deciphered the bus schedules and had wandered into town for drinks and a snack.

Near dead, I got back to the train station just in time for us to realize we had exactly 3 minutes and a new round of drinks to down.  We did it.  Spent a 15 min trip on a crowded rush hour train debating where to throw up, but we made it.

Dinner was a quiet affair at the house and early bed time.

Tomorrow is another story.  Big Day Coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment