Monday, May 18, 2015

Sunday Fun

Sunday the 17th we awoke reasonably early to head out for a few adventures.  Nita, Matt and Laura dropped me off in Ingersheim so I could finally get another run to Niedermorschwihr and back under my belt.  While I was torturing the locals with my sweating and staggering about for 4 miles, they all went off the Eguisheim to do a little sight seeing.  Apparently many consider it to be one of the most beautiful towns in France with a splendid 13th century cathedral and a lot of extant homes from the middle ages.

After their little jaunt, which they enjoyed immensely they picked me up at the pastry shop(yes, I begin and end my long road runs at a pastry shop) and we went back to the house.

Matt and Laura headed into Old Town to explore while Nita and I stayed at the house to get caught up on laundry and house chores, and just perhaps a nap.

At 6 we met Matt and Laura down at the bridge in Little Venice for dinner at the one remaining canal side restro we had not tried yet.

Finally we got to eat at Le Comptoir de George on the canal.  Basically a Comptoir is a simple counter where you can get a quick lunch and a drink during a busy moment, but these folks have expanded into a really nice restro in addition to the lunch counter and butcher shop.

Dinner was superb.  I had lamb chops while Matt had a really nice veal cutlet in cream muchroom sauce.  Laura had baeckeofe,(a stewed veggie and meat dish with pork, beef and lamp.  Kinda like pot roast and taters) while Nita had the best steak tartar we have ever encountered.

The evening was spent laughing, eating, watching the ducks and the muskrat go about their business in the canal.  A thoroughly enjoyable evening.

Back at the house we talked into the night till it was time to get some sleep and prepare for Monday.

That's right, Monday we are headed back to Germany for Mexican food at El Sombrero!

How bad could it be, really?

No comments:

Post a Comment