Monday, May 4, 2015

Damn Rain!

Got up early and for once it wasn't pouring down rain!  I took the change and went for a run, first time in a week or more.  Checking the map, I decided to run to the town of Turckheim, a small suburb of Colmar.

Found a really nice running trail once I got out of the city neighborhoods.  About 2 miles into my run(job, lumber, high speed waddle...) 3 French runners pulled up even with me and spent a mile running intervals with me before heading into the mountains.  That was a nice surprise and a good lift during a sucky part of the run.

Got back in good order and of course, it started raining.  We pretty much spent the day reading and relaxing while Rod, Nancee and Malcolm took the train to Basel Switzerland.

When they returned, Nancee made one hell of a nice dinner of Beef Bourguigon.  It came out splendidly.  She also fried up a mess of Morel mushrooms that they found at the market.  Wow!

A big meal and an early night.  They are headed to Stuttgart in the morning while we have plane to meet my folks for lunch down in the old part of the city.

I promise more pics soon!  Tuesday is another run day and Im planning on going into the mountains for hill training, I will take tons of pics while up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment